* Resources for Economists is a gold mine of links to data, journals, departments, discussion groups and more http://www.aeaweb.org/RFE/
* The various columnists (Alan Krueger, Hal Varian, Robert H. Frank, Virginia Postrel and David Leonhardt) of the “Economic Scene” column can be accessed by going to:
* Or go the The New York Times search page:
http://search.nytimes.com/search/daily/and key in <“Economic Scene:”>.
* Paul Krugman’s “Reckonings” columns can be found at the same New York Times search page:
http://search.nytimes.com/search/daily/; type in <“Reckonings by Paul Krugman”>.
The last few Reckonings columns are available at: http://www.nytimes.com/library/opinion/index.html
Other Krugman writings for Slate Magazine and Fortune elsewhere can be found at:http://web.mit.edu/krugman/www/
See also http://www.pkarchive.org for more.
* Steve Landsburg’s “Everyday Economics” column in Slate is archived at:http://www.slate.com/id/2025/year/2008/landing/1/
(Back to Top)
* The Milken Institute Review: A Journal of Economic Policy
Nice synopses of current literature by Peter Passell and accessible articles with pretty good references:
VOX: Research-based policy analysis and commentary regarding current economic events from leading economists.
Vox EU: http://www.voxeu.org
* National Bureau of Economic Research:
More technical literature: current working papers, empirically oriented, full-text searchable by keyword, etc.
* JSTOR has many professional journals, though they are available only through five years ago (in some cases more current):
* Try especially The Journal of Economic Perspectives:
For access to more recent articles: PU Library Web
* For network and demand externalities (read: Internet), try Nick Economides’s site:http://www.stern.nyu.edu/networks/site.html
Tyler Cowen and Alex Tabarok http://www.marginalrevolution.com
Andrew Samwick http://voxbaby.blogspot.com
Steve Levitt/Stephen Dubner, Freakonomics http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com
Greg Mankiw http://gregmankiw.blogspot.com
Dank Rodrik http://rodrik.typepad.com
Paul Krugman http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com
General links (Back to Top)
Bernard Saffran: Recommendation for Further Reading in Journal of Economic Perspectives (column appears in every issue of the journal)
Alternatively, search PU library catalog for Journal of Economic Perspectives
Links for finance
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Federal Reserve Bank of New York