The Graduate Economics Club (GEC) organizes the department’s social events (happy hours, barbecues, and skit party) as well as other miscellaneous events throughout the year that foster a welcoming academic environment in the Princeton Economics Department. We also represent the graduate student body during meetings with faculty each semester to discuss potential improvements and steer the direction of the program. Faculty, staff, and graduate students are all members of the GEC. We hope that you enjoy this year’s events!
For Current Students
To access a guide with helpful resources for current graduate students, click here. It comes from the Graduate School’s Access, Diversity, and Inclusion team and includes information about academics, teaching, writing, professional development, housing, mental health, and more!
Please help us fund this year’s events by paying dues! We suggest a donation of $35.
There are four ways to pay:
- Write a check payable to “Graduate Economics Club” and put it in Dan McGee’s mailbox.
- Pay in cash to one of the seven GEC board members (Chris Mills, Jonas Jin, Dan McGee, Stephanie Hao, Mark Bamba, Allison Green, and Kim Sarnoff), who will record your name and forward your payment to the treasurer.
- Send the money through Venmo to @PrincetonGEC.
- Send money through PayPal or credit/debit card using the Paypal link here (You do not need a Paypal account to use a card!).
Nobel Prize Contest
This year the prize will be $200, to be divided evenly among members with winning entries. Here are the rules:
- Pay your dues (see above).
- Email your entry to the GEC by 11:59 pm Eastern time on Sunday, October 9th, 2019.
- One entry per member with paid dues, additional entries can be purchased for $10 each.
- An entry consists of a set of names (your guesses).
- Let S be the set of names of the actual recipients of the 2019 Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel. An entry is correct if it is a subset of S. An entry wins if it is the largest (or tied for the largest) correct nonempty entry among the submissions.
Co-Presidents: Chris Mills, Jonas Jin
Treasurer: Dan McGee
Post-Generals Representative: Stephanie Hao
Second-Year Representative: Mark Bamba
First-Year Representatives: Allison Green and Kim Sarnoff
Social Chairs: Quan Le, Alvaro Carril, Anais Galdin, Carolyn Tsao, Greg Dobbels, Karl Schulze, Sifan Xue, Tyler Maxey
Princeton Econ Gear
We are always looking for ways to improve the department, so please feel free to share your thoughts or ideas below!