Sophomore Open House
Join Us! Department of Economics Sophomore Open House
Friday, March 31, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM, 217 Julis Romo Rabinowitz Building
Princeton has one of the finest economics departments in the world. Economics is also consistently one of the most popular majors on campus, attracting over 250 juniors and seniors each year. Whatever career you have in mind, a degree in economics provides the technical and analytical background required to ask the right questions and develop innovative, workable solutions. In a typical year, more than 90% of our seniors accept job offers following graduation. Many also go on to study at leading graduate programs in economics, law, business, medicine, or public policy.
|One exciting aspect of the Econ department is just the large scope of issues that the topic matter relates to. Economics is everywhere, and whether you’re interested in finance, policymaking, foreign affairs, or whatever else, the breadth of different courses and potential applications are nearly endless.
— Zachary Shevin ’22
Listen to past student prize winners speak about their independent research projects:
- Major Declaration Checklist: https://economics.princeton.edu/undergraduate-program/prospective-concentrators/major-declaration-checklist/
- Undergraduate Announcement: https://ua.princeton.edu/academic-units/department-economics
- Major Requirements: https://economics.princeton.edu/undergraduate-program/prospective-majors/
- Economics Sophomore Open House Presentation Slides
- BCF Sophomore Open House Presentation
- Overview of Approval Process for Courses Taken at Other Institutions